Other than everything else going on in the next four months, I have books, loads and loads of books that are on my Summer Reading List.
Not only to I have books to read but audio books to listen to. The audio books I get from the library. That is of course until I figure out whether Audible.com is the thing for me. Sometimes the library just doesn't have what I am looking for.
I am currently listening to the second book in the Flavia De Luce series - The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag. I love it! I positively couldn't stop listening to the first book - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. And I've already downloaded the third - A Red Herring Without Mustard. But, that wont take me much further than next week or so! Then what's a girl to do?!
A few months ago, when I thought I would be having a lot more time (long story, even longer post, which I still haven't edited it down), I went on this whole Householding/Homemaker/Self-sufficiency kick and I bought:
- The Radical Homemaker (I have to come back to it when I'm in a different mood - it seems a tad too feminist, or it did when I first started..)
- The Vegetable Gardeners Container Bible (We live in a condo so this is great, so far love it and it's working out great!)
- Possum Living (Very interesting but, I don't think I could do it unless we're in a post-apocalyptic world.)
- The Beginners Guide to Preserving Food at Home (I have to make my garden a success first.)
- The Backyard Homestead (Mr. Wonderful enjoyed it - I haven't read it yet.)
- The Householder's Guide to the Universe (It's pretty good - I plowed through the first part and am now meandering my way through it.)
Casting Off -- because I love knitting (which I have been blase about lately?).
The Winter Sea -- because I just need a good fiction book to read.
The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking -- because I am hip & I am a girl. Plus I like the whole homemaking thing.
And those are just the books in my visual field.
So yeah, getting off the blasted computer now and going to read.
Well, at least one page of this: